Welcome to the Professional Development Page!
The Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment and Accountability Department
will promote and sustain student achievement by encouraging our
teachers to be active participants in our learning community. Promoting a
culture of continuous improvement in professional teaching and learning
is essential at FPS in ensuring outstanding teaching in every classroom
for all students.
We will implement a challenging professional development system that insures:
• Priority of resources based on analysis of student data
• Teacher effectiveness in curriculum delivery
• Collaborative relationships
• Time for intensive learning
• Leadership opportunities at all levels
• Ongoing and meaningful learning opportunities
In accordance with Arkansas Department of Education regulations,
sixty hours of curriculum alignment, best practices in instructional
strategies and data analysis are offered over the course of ten
in-service days. In addition to designated in-service days, FPS teachers
participate in local, regional, state, and national learning
opportunities designed to promote student achievement.